He trained as an Agricultural Economist at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria where he was awarded Ph.D degree (2005) in Agricultural Economics. He has committed close to 17 years in teaching, research and service to the community.
Adetunji teaches Production Economics, Natural Resource Economics, Statistics and Research Methods and Project Monitoring and Evaluation. He was recipient of the Tertiary Education Trust fund (TETFund), Idachaba Foundation for Research and Scholarship (IFRES), African Forestry Reseach Network (AFORNET) research grants in 2014, 2007 and 2006, respectively.
His current research work is on estimating the cost of adaptation to climate change by arable crop farmers in Nigeria and analysis of harvests of selected agricultural produce in Osun state. His research publications in several peer review scientific journals traverse different areas of his specialization. Quite a number of his works has also been presented at conferences. He has attended several workshops in his academic and other professional areas. Of special notes are workshops on Quality Assurance issues and Open and distance learning education which he is passionate about.
He is currently a member of the editorial board of UNIOSUN Journal of Sciences (UJS), Managing editor of UNIOSUN Journal of Agriculture and Renewable Resources (UJARR). He is a member of Nigeria Association of Agricultural Economists (NAAE), Africa Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE) and the International Association of Agricultural Economists (IAAE), among others.
Adetunji has been extensively involved in training farmers in areas such as farm management, and agricultural produce marketing.
List of Publications:
Some of Adetunji Kehinde’s publications are listed as follows:
1. Kehinde, A.L., Busari, A.O., Layonu, L. D. and K. F. Adesanya (2018) Effects of Climate Change on Rice and Maize Production in Nigeria from 1970 – 2012. African Journal of Sustainable Development.
2. Kehinde A. L. (2017) Strategic planning: A key to a successful journal. UNIOSUN Journal of Sciences. 2(1): 1 – 4.
3. Kehinde A.L., Apata T.G. and M.D. Matthew (2016) Assessment of Arable Crop Farmers’ Access to Fertilizer through the E-wallet Scheme in Nigeria, Uniosun Journal of Sciences 1(1) 29 – 36.
4. Temidayo Gabriel Apata, Moshood Olatunde, Adetunji Lawrence Kehinde, Olasimbo Apata, Timothy Olusola Agboola (2016) Agricultural Sector and HIV/AIDS Pandemic in Africa: The Economic Retrogression Model, Agricultural Sciences, 7, 206 -224.
5. Kehinde, A.L., Awotide, D.O., Odeniyi, K.A. and A. Ogunrinde (2015). Comparing Technical Efficiencies of Female and Male Vegetable Farmers in Osun State Nigeria. International Journal of Agriculture and Food Science 5 (1&2) 655 - 665
6. Awotide, D.O., Kehinde, A.L. and Akorede, T.O. (2015). Metafrontier Analysis of Access to Credit and Technical Efficiency among Smallholder Cocoa Farmers in Southwest Nigeria. International Journal of Business Reseach, 8 (1): 132 – 144.
7. Babatunde, F.E., Kehinde A.L. and A.B. Okesina (2014). Creating Entrepreneurial Opportunity Through Production of Jatropha (Jatropha curcas) Seedlings in Osun State, Nigeria. International Journal of Phytofuels and Allied Sciences, 3 (1): 89 - 98 (A journal of the Society for the Conservation of Phytofuels and Sciences).
8. Kehinde A.L. and M.H. Falaye (2014). Determinants of Expenditure on Fertilizer Among Arable Crop Farmers In Osun State. FUTA Journal of Research in Sciences, 10 (2): 180 – 187.
9. Kehinde A.L., Busari A.O. and Odunuga A.A (2013). Child Labour Involvement In Arable Crop Production In Iwo Agricultural Development Programme Zone of Osun State, Nigeria. Annals of Child and Youth Studies, 4 (1): 54 – 65.
10. Agbola P.O., A.A. Adewunmi, O.C. Nwoke., and A.L. Kehinde (2013). Effect of Income Diversification Strategies on Food Insecurity Status of Farming Households in Africa: Result of Analysis from Nigeria. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology: 949 -955.