It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Osun State University Advancement Webpage.
Osun State University Advancement Office is established to seek the support of stakeholders (Philanthropists, Alumni, Companies, Organizations, Foundations, Government Agencies, Royal Fathers, Community Leaders, Parents, Staff, Students and the general public) both within and outside the country to enhance the quality of academic and research works with a view to building stronger relationships and fruitful partnerships with donors/investors which would translate into a broad support base for the sustainable growth of the Osun State University.
There is no gainsaying the fact that Governments (both at the Federal and State levels) can no longer effectively fund education in Nigeria due to the dwindling national resources. The Advancement Office is therefore established to source additional funds from corporate and individual sources.
PROJECT AT HAND
The Advancement Board is currently handling the construction of the dualisation of the 1.2km access road to the University.
The Strategic Plans/Projections of the Advancement are to:
- create a dynamic content management system website solution for the Alumni and Advancement Office that can provide the necessary platform for alumni members to register, update their records with features such as: Social Stream, User Profile Management, Photo and Video Gallery, Events Manager, User Groups, Privacy Control, Private Messaging System and Facebook Connect as well as a platform for online donations from parents, staff, Alumni, private, public sectors and agencies both within and outside country.
- make frantic efforts to raise 200,000 friends who can support the institution, on yearly basis, with a minimum donation of five thousand naira (N5,000.00) that will yield one billion naira (N1 billion).
- promote staff giving, encourage students giving and parents giving
- regular publication and circulation of Alumni Newsletters, of e-bulletin
GIVING TO OSUN STATE UNIVERSITY
Every gift matters, no matter its size. You giving could be in the form of Gifts, Alumni Giving, Special Annual Giving, endowment, capital giving, foundation giving, parents giving, staff giving, students giving and/or be a participant and join friends of the University fund scheme. Your gift, in the form and for the purpose you choose, will play a crucial role in the progress and continuing success of the University. Your donation(s) will help the University:
(a) to fulfil its core academic mission of teaching and research and in the spirit of making UNIOSUN globally relevant;
(b) to attract and retain top faculties and researchers;
(c) to expand its facilities and thereby providing access to youths;
(d) to upgrade infrastructural facilities, and
(e) to invest in new instructional and research technologies.
Payment Options include cash, cheques, e-payment transfer, bank drafts and other assets, made payable to:
Name of Account: UNIOSUN Advancement Board
Name of Bank: Unity Bank Plc
Account No: 0027924853
Osun State University Advancement Board has the following members:
1. Mr. Kayode Sofola (SAN) - Chairman
2. Chief J. A. Adebowale - Member
3. Dr. Segun Aina, OFR, FCIB - Member
4. Sir Demola Aladekomo - Member
5. Dr. (Mrs.) Abeke Omotoso (Council Rep.) - Member
6. Dr. Adunola Adepoju - Member
7. Mr. Taofeek Adejare Owoseni - Member
8. Prof. Wahab Egbewole - Member
9. Mr. Bibitayo A. Owolabi (Alumni President) - Member
10. Prof Labode Popoola (Vice Chancellor) - Member
11. Mr. Adewale A. Adeosun (Ag. Registrar) - Member
12. Mr. M. O. Oyekanmi (Ag. Bursar) - Member
13. Mr. Marcus O. Awobifa - Member/Director
Role of the Advancement Board
The Board is saddled with the responsibilities of:
- drawing up an overall policy and direction for the Advancement Office;
- drawing up articulated strategies for attracting and developing fund-raising programs including Grants, Annual Giving, Capital Giving, Planned Giving, Major Giving, Anniversary Giving, Foundation and Corporate support in cash and kind to the university on a continuous basis and device safe and adequate investment strategies for building up the fund maximally;
- ensuring effective co-ordination of endowment and fund-raising activities of the university;
- advising the Vice Chancellor and University Council on Alumni and Endowment support for the university and other related matters aimed at shoring the endowment fund of the university so as to maximize the philanthropic support for the University and its proper recognition throughout the world; and
- ensuring there is transparency and accountability with regard to funds raised by the Advancement Office and proper stewardship to donors.
You are welcome to visit us at the Advancement Office, located at the ground floor of the Administrative Building of Osun State University, Main Campus, Osogbo. Members of staff are always ready to receive you and explain how our office can partner with you to advance the Osun State University into greater height.
Office of the Vice Chancellor,
Osun State University
LIST OF STAFF