For Enquiries, Call: 08107976419 Mon - Fri 9am - 4pm Deadline - Friday, 15 September 2017

PRESS RELEASE!!! UNFORTUNATE INCIDENT CAUSED BY FIRE EXTINGUISHER RELEASE

Breaking News ImageOn behalf of the Vice Chancellor, Professor Labode Popoola, the University Community and general public is hereby informed that the unfortunate incident, which occurred this afternoon in one of the lecture rooms has been put under control. All the affected students are in stable conditions, having been attended to by a team of Medical Personnel from the University Medical Services.

Contrary to the wide speculation that there was an explosion on the Osogbo Campus today, Thursday January 18, 2018, University community and the general public should note that there was no explosion of any kind on the campus and there was no casualty.

The unfortunate incident, which occurred was caused by a student who while toying with the fire extinguisher placed in the lecture room mistakenly tampered with the safety pin on the nozzle of cylinder, thereby releasing the full content of the fire extinguisher on other students in the lecture room. As a result of the release of the content of the fire extinguisher, few of the students who inhaled the released-gas from extinguisher cylinder were immediately rushed to the university medical centre where they were promptly given medical attention.

Students of the university are hereby urged to be conscious of the dangers associated with toying with fire extinguisher or any highly sensitive devices placed on/around the university buildings for the safety of all.

Signed:

Professor Anthony Kola-Olusanya
Director, Inter-Campus and Public Affairs

 

scroll back to top
  • Top University News

  • Latest Headlines

Connect With us on Facebook

BACK TO TOP